Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trash Can Holder

So summer is finally here which leaves me with a lot of time on my hands. since the start of my freedom, I have already completed 2 projects. the first is something i've been wanting to do since we moved into our apartment almost 2 years ago. The story goes like this: when we moved in, we couldn't understand why all our neighbors didn't own trash can and just put their full trash bags outside their door. umm ew! then the fall wind came and stole our trash can! So we then became one of "those" people who just put their trash bags outside of their doors. (still eww) After lots of brainstorming, and pinterest searching (no luck there) I figured something out.



I took a pallet and cut it just big enough to hold the trash can. I ended up using 1/4 of the pallet. Then took 8 2 x 4 pieces and made a gaurd rail of sort. I needed it to be low enough so that we could take the trash can in and out without getting pinched between the wood and the handles. I left my dad's drill at my apartment and was determined to get this project done so I screwed all the deck screws in by hand.


I plan on putting a brick on the bottom of the pallet for some added weight when it really starts to get windy. Hopefully this will keep our trash can on the ground and not flying down the street.


No comments:

Post a Comment