Monday, August 1, 2011

Hot Humidity

So nothing new is going on at work. The summer is coming to an end and I am going to miss being with all the dogs. These past few weeks have been brutal for the dogs and I. I can't imagine being in the heat and play in this heat with a fur coat! Thank God for the pool. It really helps.

Steve came by on one of the days of his 2 week vacation to hang out with the dogs. Note the husky (border collie mix) leaning. He gets so jealous if I go near anything: human or canine. he leans and blocks people. We gotta work on whos top dog with Bell. Because when he is staying at the kennel, I'm def. beta. He loves me and listens to whatever I tell him, but this protection thing is a little ridic. (I am secretly loving it though. Labs are not protective so I've never experienced this before).


Ginger the Chiwinnie. This is a WHOLE LOT of little dog. Chihuahuas and Dachshund are 2 very brave breeds and putting them into 1 dog makes to me, the best gaurd dog. I would feel safer with a chiweenie than with a German Shephard. Ginger is also what I like to call, "smooshy". This just means that when I hug them, they just let me squeeze them as much as I want and don't squirm. 

Cleo chillin on the stump. She is so funny because whether it's in her pen or in a yard, when ever I look at her, her back is to me. Too funnny!


Hattie the Grey Hound rescue. She is so funny. LOVES the pool. She was in a side yard and was laying in the (empty) pool. Because there was 20 dogs in the main yard, i couldn't go into the side yard. So I filled the pool from 15 feet away and got about 1 inch in the pool. Hattie was very thankful for her little puddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment