Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Journey to Shrewsbury

Last week I went to Shrewsbury to hang out with Maggie. Although it usually takes about 70 minutes to get there, it took me 2 hours to get there becauase Bell, our beloved GPS, was in Steve's car in Reisterstown So I had to do to ole' google map directions which of course FAIL! But anyways, one we got there we went to Browns Orchards & Farm Market . I was very surprised to see how adorable it was. I got a peck of peaches. After the market section of Browns, we went to a little wine shop attached to the market called Logan's View Winery.

It is official. I have caught the wino bug! Before I go and tlel you about my experience at Logan's View, let me tell you that aside from drinks such as "sex on the beach" and "woo woos" I have never liked the taste of alcohol. I was always THAT girl that when we had to brign a bottle of wine to share at a aprty, I would bring harbor mist. I am happy to report that there are now 2 wines that I like that are real non-embarrassing habor mist wines". Ok so now for my experience at Logan's View: Can I just tell you, AMAZING! It is so cool to have access to local wine. I have recently become a fan of Solomon's Island Mango wine, and I know that is local, but not as local as Logan's View wines. They have a really cool story as to how the wineyard started. Talk about a mom and pop effort. It sounds to me that it is an idenpendent mom and pop company that grows their grapes at Brown's and sells their wine there as well. Maggie was nice enough to buy me a bottle of their Apple wine. I'm no wine expert but I can tell you that this apple wine has much more body than my previous favorite mango wine. I never understood all those words associated with wine tasting. I think it's one of those things that you don't understand until you experience it for yourself.


Later in the day, Maggie gave me our wedding present. After I opened the bag, I was speechless. (p.s. please excuse the mess)


If you can't tell, it's a large blanket. The bottom say, "Mr and Mrs. Santmyer Est. June 26, 2010

All in all, it was a very fun day. Can't wait to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment